Wednesday, November 14, 2012

St. Joseph Pignatelli

"My God, I do not know what must come to me today. But I am certain that nothing can happen to me that you have not foreseen, decreed, and ordained from all eternity. That is sufficient for me."
- St. Joseph Pignatelli (1737 - 1811)




Today is the feast day of St. Joseph Pignatelli. Joseph was born in Saragossa, Spain, in 1737. At the age of fifteen, he entered the Society of Jesus. After the Order's suppression by the pope and other European monarchs, Joseph was moved to Bologna, Italy. He opened a new novitiate for the Jesuits there in 1799, which helped lay the foundation for the restoration of the Jesuits by Pope Pius VII in 1814. Joseph died in 1811, and was canonized in 1954 by Pope Pius XII. 


St. Joseph Pignatelli, pray for us!
___________________________________
Picture Of And Information About St. Joseph Taken From:
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=4091

http://www.attadale.org/about/pignatelli.html

No comments:

Post a Comment